NASCAR at Chicagoland 2013: Race Weekend Schedule, Start Time, Qualifying, TV and Weather Info


This weekend all three series head to Chicagoland Speedway in Joliet, IL. The weekend starts off with the Camping World Truck series 225 on Friday evening. The Nationwide series Dollar General 300 will run on Saturday afternoon, with the Sprint Cup cars taking center stage on Sunday for the Geico 400.

For the Sprint Cup, Chicagoland is the first race in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Chase, where twelve drivers battle to become this years champion.

Below you will find the race weekend schedule for Chicagoland, including the race start time, practice and qualifying times, tv and listening info, and weather at the track  if you are headed out to see the races this weekend.

Five drivers to watch at Chicagoland | Logano speak out about Richmond | Geico 400 Entry List

All three series will be broadcast on Motor Racing Network, which you can listen to live from your computer or even your mobile device, by clicking here. (Will open in a new window and take you to the streaming player.) You can also follow along at with their live leader board.

Check back here for qualifying results only minutes after they complete!

If you find this post helpful, please share on Twitter and Facebook with the buttons below.

Times local to track CST Followed by (EST)

Friday, September 13
9:00 – 10:30 am (10:00 11:30) Camping World Truck Practice TV: FoxSports 1
11:00 – 11:50 am ( 12:00 – 12:50 ) Camping World Truck Final Practice TV: FoxSports 1
12:00 — 1:30 pm (1:00 – 2:30 ) Sprint Cup series Practice TV: FoxSports 1
1:40 -2:55 pm (2:40 -3:55 ) Nationwide series Practice
TV: FoxSports 1
3:05 pm (4:05 ) Camping World Truck Qualifying (Two Laps, All Positions) TV: FoxSports 1
4:10 pm (5:10 pm) Sprint Cup series Qualifying TV: ESPN2 LOGANO WINS POLE, FULL QUALIFYING RESULTS
5:35 -6:50 pm (6:35 – 7:50) Nationwide series Final Practice TV: FoxSports 2
7:30 pm (8:30) Camping World Truck 225 (150 laps, 225 miles) Green Flag: 7:46 pm (8:46)  TV: FoxSports 1 WINNER: KYLE BUSCH

Saturday, September 14
10:00 – 10:55 am (11:00 – 11:55) Sprint Cup series Practice TV: FoxSports 2
11:05 am (12:05 pm) Nationwide Qualifying (Tw0 Laps, All Positons) TV: FoxSports 2 POLE: Kyle Busch, full qualifying 
1:00 – 1:50 pm (2:00 – 2:50) Sprint Cup series Final Practice TV:FoxSports 2
2:30 pm (3:30) Nationwide  Dollar General 300 (200 laps, 300 miles) Green Flag:

Sunday, September 15

1:00 pm (2:00 pm) Sprint Cup series Geico 400 (267 laps for 400.5 miles)  Green Flag: 1:16 (2:16 est) TV: ESPN WINNER: MATT KENSETH, FULL RESULTS

Looking  for a printable version of the weekend schedule? Click here to print our PDF (Opens in New Window)

Wanting to know what the weather will be like in Joliet, IL at Chicagoland Speedway this weekend? You are in the right place. If you are planning on heading to the track or just want to know if you will have to endure a long rain delay on TV, we have you covered.

 Temperatures will be in the upper 60’s with mostly sunny skies. Low temperature is a chilly 45 degrees. Chance of rain is 0%.

Saturday: Temperatures will be in the low 70’s with partly cloudy skies. Low temperature is a chilly 54 degrees. Chance of rain is 10%.

Sunday:  Sunday could will see Thunderstorms in the Joliet area. The chance of rain 30% until midafternoon,  Chance of rain is increasing around 4pm to 70% . Expected showers through out most of the day. Temperatures will be in the low 70’s.

Previous Year’s Race Winners ( Winners of September 2012 races)

Sprint Cup:  Brad Keselowski

Nationwide: Ricky Stenhouse Jr. (Logano won here earlier this year)

Trucks: James Buescher

Sign Up Tireball Sports E-mail Newsletter

  • NASCAR News Delivered To Your Inbox!
  • Hottest Stories In NFL, MLB, NHL & More
  • Easy Access to Our Website

One e-mail sent every morning - join now!