NASCAR heads to Bristol Motor Speedway in Bristol, TN this weekend for the fourth races of the 2014 season.
Both the Nationwide and Sprint Cup series will race at the 0.533-mile concrete oval track. The Camping World Truck Series is off this week. The Nationwide Series will run the Drive to Stop Diabetes 300 on Saturday and the Sprint Cup cars will run the Food City 500 on Sunday afternoon.
Below you will find the Bristol Motor Speedway race weekend schedule, including the race start time, practice and qualifying times, TV info, and weather at the track if you are headed out to see the races this weekend.
All times listed are ET
Friday, March 14:
— 12:00 p.m-1:30 p.m: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series practice TV: FOX Sports 1
— 1:40-2:30 p.m: NASCAR Nationwide Series practice TV: FOX Sports 1
— 3:00-4:25 p.m: NASCAR Nationwide Series final practice TV: FOX Sports 1
– 4:40 p.m: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Coors Light Pole Qualifying Hamlin wins pole, full qualifying results
Saturday, March 15:
— 9:00-9:50 a.m: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series practice TV: FOX Sports 1
– 10:10 a.m: NASCAR Nationwide Series Coors Light Pole qualifying TV: ESPN2
— 12:00-1:00 p.m: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series final practice TV: FOX Sports 2
– 2:00 p.m: Nationwide Drive to Stop Diabetes 300 presented by Lilly Diabetes (300 laps, 159.9 miles) Green Flag: 2:16 p.m TV: ESPN2 Larson on pole, Starting Lineup and Race info
– 4:45 p.m: NASCAR K&N Pro Series East PittLite 125 (125 laps, 66.63 miles)
Sunday, March 16
– 1:00 p.m: Sprint Cup Series Food City 500 (500 laps, 266.5 miles) WINNER: Carl Edwards, Full Results
Grand Marshals: University of Tennessee football coach Butch Jones and Virginia Tech head coach Frank Beamer
Last Year’s Winner:
Sprint Cup: Kasey Kahne
NNS: Kyle Busch
Both Friday and Saturday the weather will treat fans nicely. Temperatures in the low 60’s, with only a 10% chance of rain on Saturday.
Sunday: Rain is in the forecast as of right now. A 70% chance with temperatures falling into the 40’s. For ongoing coverage of the weather, you can follow along here.
Like our post? Find it informative? Please SHARE IT WITH YOUR FRIENDS!