If you needed any more proof that Dale Earnhardt Jr. was the most popular driver in NASCAR, now you have it. Earnhardt Jr. was recently voted as the most popular driver for a 11th year in a row and only a rule preventing back to back cover appearances will keep him off the front of the upcoming NASCAR video game.
All that is nice but Earnhardt Jr. is also loved by fans with their money. While the stock cars changed dramatically in 2013, one thing that remained the same was Earnhardts popularity among die-cast collectors. Earnhardt occupied not just the first, but the top three spots on the best-sellers list for Lionel Racing Collectibles.
Earnhardt Jr.’s famed No. 88 National Guard Chevrolet was the best-selling 1:24 scale die-cast car of the year, while his Diet Mountain Dew and National Guard/Man of Steel cars followed in second and third positions, respectively.
In fact the only other driver to appear on the list more than once was Hendrick Motorsports teammate Jeff Gordon. The complete list is shown below.
The Top 10 Die-Cast Cars of 2013
1. Dale Earnhardt Jr. #88 National Guard Chevy
2. Dale Earnhardt Jr. #88 Diet Mountain Dew Chevy
3. Dale Earnhardt Jr. #88 National Guard/Man of Steel Chevy
4. Tony Stewart #14 Bass Pro Shops Chevy
5. Jeff Gordon #24 AARP/Drive to End Hunger Chevy
6. Danica Patrick #10 GoDaddy Chevy
7. Brad Keselowski #2 Miller Lite Ford
8. Jeff Gordon #24 Cromax Pro Chevy
9. Clint Bowyer #15 PEAK/Duck Dynasty Toyota
10. Dale Earnhardt #3 1989 Wilkesboro Win Chevy
So did you buy any diecast this year? If so who and why? Sound off below in our comments section.