NASCAR at Martinsville: 2018 Spring Weekend schedule, race start time and tv info

After a tour out west, NASCAR hit’s the short-track of Martinsville Speedway this weekend with both the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series and the Camping World Truck Series in action. The Xfinity Series is off this weekend.

NASCAR began racing at Martinsville in 1948, making the shortest track of the circuit also it’s oldest. The 0.526 mile track is famous for it’s paperclip layout as well as the clocks which are presented to race winners in victory lane. Of course fans would also point out the Martinsville hotdog, which has developed a cult following among racefans.

Ridgeway, VA, plays host to this track which can seat up to 55,000 race fans. The concrete surface contains 12 degree banking in the turns and is flat on the straightaways.

The first track activity of the weekend starts on Friday with races being run on Saturday and Sunday. The complete weekend schedule for Martinsville and how you can watch on tv can be found below, as well as previous winners and weather information.

NASCAR at Martinsville 2018 Spring Weekend Schedule




Friday, March 23
11:05 -11:55 am: Camping World Truck Series first practice
1:05-1:55 pm: Camping World Truck Series second practice, FS1
3:05-3:55 pm:Camping World Truck Series final practice, FS1

Saturday, March 24
10:05-10:55 am: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series first practice, FS1
11:05 am: Camping World Truck Series qualifying, FS1
12:30-1:20 pm: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series final practice, FS1
2 pm: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Alpha Energy Solutions 250 (250 laps, 131.5 miles), FS1 Green Flag: 2:16 pm
5:10 pm: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Busch Pole Award qualifying, FS1

Sunday, March 25
2 pm: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series STP 500 (500 laps, 263 miles), FS1 Green Flag: 2:13 pm

*All Times Eastern

Previous Winners

Cup Series: Kyle Busch is the most recent Cup winner at Martinsville while Brad Keselowski won the Spring 2017 event.
Truck Series: Noah Gragson won the fall truck race at Martinsville but Cup regular Chase Elliott went to victory lane last spring.

Weather

Friday and Saturday sees highs in the low 50’s with just a 10% chance of rain. All that changes on Sunday unfortunately as the high is currently listed as 43 with a 70% chance of rain and/or snow. If the race could not be run on Sunday, there is a 30% chance of rain for Monday with a high of 47.