Spring break has arrived for NASCAR and there will be no racing this weekend April 18-20 due to Easter.
The Camping World Truck Series has run two races, Nationwide Series seven races, and the Sprint Cup Series eight races to start the season.
Racing will resume next weekend, April 25-20 at Richmond International Raceway where both the Nationwide and Sprint Cup series will hit the track.
Highlights from the first eight weeks of the season
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. won the Daytona 500
- Rookie Chase Elliott won his first NNS race, and then followed it up the next weekend for his second win.
- The Sprint Cup Series saw seven different winners in seven races, then Kevin Harvick became the first driver to win a second race. (Darlington)
- Jimmie Johnson has not won a race yet.
- All three manufacturers have won a race.
- Jeff Gordon is leading the points. (But hasn’t won a race)
- Kurt Busch won his first race since leaving Penske three years prior.
- Rookie Kyle Larson won his first NNS race and had a best finish of 2nd in Sprint Cup in the same weekend. (Fontana)
A lot has been going on in NASCAR and we still have many weeks for more records to be broken, and additional drivers to get their first wins of the season.