On Saturday NASCAR released the details for how sponsors will be displayed on the upcoming new car for 2013. Most of the details involve placement of sponsors but the one which will gain the most attention will be the placement of driver names on the front windshield.
- The driver’s last name featured on the windshield
- Sponsor decals will not be permitted on the headlights and taillights, two key distinguishing characteristics of the auto manufacturers’ brand;
- Car numbers will be moved from the lights to the front and rear bumpers;
- A single sponsor logo will be permitted on the roof under the number;
- Team sponsor decals will be permitted to extend past the front edge of the b-post;
- “Step and repeat” / background patterns will be permitted on the sides of the car;
- Due to the slightly smaller car, the car number will be reduced by 10% and the contingency decals will be reduced to 26 square inches.