The annual Rolex 24 takes place this weekend at Daytona International Speedway.
Taking place over a 24 hour period, the 57th Rolex 24 at Daytona is the first race of the 2019 IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship season.
Racing begins Saturday, Jan. 26, 2:35 p.m. ET, and ends Sunday, Jan. 27, 2:35 p.m. ET.
For the event the Daytona International Speedway is a 3.56-mile combined tri-oval and road course.
The Mustang Sampling Racing Cadillac DPi took overall honors with drivers Joao Barbosa, Christian Fittipaldi and Filipe Albuquerque.
A total of 13 manufacturers will participate in the WeatherTech SportsCar Championship’s four classes. The number of automakers grows to 19 when including the Michelin Pilot Challenge series. The full list: Acura, Alfa Romeo, Aston Martin, Audi, BMW, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Ferrari, Ford, Honda, Hyundai, Lamborghini, Lexus, Mazda, McLaren, Mercedes-AMG, Nissan, Porsche, Volkswagen.
There are no active NASCAR drivers in the race however several teams and drivers with ties to the sport will be in the field.
Acura Team Penske will field the Nos. 6 and 7 Acuras in the DPi class. Former Monster Energy Series competitor Juan Pablo Montoya, a three-time Rolex 24 overall winner, will be a part of the three-driver effort for the No. 6 team.
• Ford Chip Ganassi Racing will field the Nos. 66 and 67 Ford GTs in the GTLM class.
• AJ Allmendinger and Justin Marks will team up with Mario Farnbacher and Trent Hindman in the Meyer Shank Racing w/ Curb-Agajanian No. 86 Acura NSX GT3. Allmendinger, who was a regular Monster Energy Series participant for the last 12 seasons, has one overall Rolex 24 win (2012). Marks, a one-time Xfinity winner with starts in all three NASCAR national divisions, notched a Rolex 24 class win in 2009.
• Andy Lally, NASCAR’s Sunoco Rookie of the Year in its premier series in 2011, will be part of a four-driver effort in the Magnus Racing No. 44 GTD Lamborghini. Lally is a five-time class winner in the Rolex 24.
• Katherine Legge, who got her first taste of NASCAR with four Xfinity Series starts last season, will participate in the Heinricher Racing w/Meyer Shank Racing No. 57 Acura NSX GT3.
• Colin Braun, a one-time Truck Series winner in 2009 who also has Xfinity Series experience, will team up in the CORE Autosport No. 54 DPi Nissan entry.
FULL BROADCAST SCHEDULE
(All times Eastern)
Thursday, Jan. 24
- 2 p.m.: 2019 IMSA Season Preview (NBCSN)
- 3-5 p.m.: Rolex 24 at Daytona qualifying (NBCSN)
- 3:25-4:40 p.m.: Rolex 24 at Daytona qualifying (IMSA.tv)
Friday, Jan. 25
- 12:05 p.m.: IMSA Michelin Pilot Challenge: BMW Endurance Challenge at Daytona (IMSA.tv)
Saturday, Jan. 26
- 1-2 p.m.: 2019 Season Preview Show (NBCSN re-air)
- 2-5 p.m.: Rolex 24 at Daytona (NBCSN)
- 5-9 p.m.: Rolex 24 at Daytona (NBC Sports App)
- 9 p.m.-3 a.m.: Rolex 24 at Daytona (NBCSN)
- 2:25-11:55 p.m.: Rolex 24 at Daytona (IMSA.tv)
Sunday, Jan. 27