This Sunday at Daytona International Speedway will mark the 350th career start in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series for Martin Truex.
Truex has gone to victory lane once this season at Pocono. The contract status of the 35-year-old has been a hot discussion in recent weeks but the Denver Post reports that Truex has a handshake agreement to keep him in the car beyond this season.
“Honestly, I wish my contract was longer before this year started,” Truex said. “I have no plans of going anywhere without something crazy happening.”
“I expect it won’t be too far out,” Truex said of an agreement. “There are some things that the team needs to figure out and get their ducks in a row before we nail down all the details.”
There have been speculation that Furniture Row would expand its operation to a second car however any expansion is not expected to take place until after the 2016 season.
Furniture Row has fielded Chevrolet’s since joining the Sprint Cup Series in 2005 but the team does not receive any financial backing from them. Last year Toyota made a play for Furniture Row Racing to join its stable and it is believed that the team could make a switch before next season starts.