It should come as little surprise that Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Jimmie Johnson are a one-two punch atop Forbe’s list of top paid NASCAR drivers.
In fact the separation between Dale Jr and Johnson have over 2012 Cup Series Champion Brad Keselowski (10th) is eye popping.
Not just on track earnings were used to determine these figures, hence why Earnhardt Jr. was able to again reign atop the list.
Earnhardt remains the biggest name in terms of merchandise leading everyone in earnings in that category. Currently Earnhardt Jr. has deals with Chevy, Goody’s, Nationwide, Wrangler among others and recently patterned with KLN Family Brands to form Dale Jr. Foods. Those products are already on store shelves.
Here’s the complete list:
1. Dale Earnhardt Jr., $25.9 million
2. Jimmie Johnson, $23 million
3. Tony Stewart, $18.7 million
4. Jeff Gordon, $18.1 million
5. Carl Edwards, $13.7 million
6. Kevin Harvick, $13 million
7. Danica Patrick, $12.9 million
8. Kyle Busch, $12.5 million
9. Kasey Kahne, $12 million
10. Brad Keselowski, $11.4 million