Richard Petty Expects to stay with Ford, Keep Ambrose and Almirola

Richard Petty expects only a few small changes for his NASCAR Sprint Cup teams heading into 2013. The seven time Champion says he expects to remain with Ford and keep drivers Marcos Ambrose and Aric Almirola under contract.

“It looks like there is not going to be a lot of change there for next year, but there’s no concrete stuff yet,” Petty said Friday at Chicagoland Speedway. “We’re figuring on staying in exactly the same place, with the same operation from a manufacturing standpoint. We don’t see a change unless somebody else comes up with something.”

Ambrose has won the Watkins Glen event each of the last two seasons. Following his win there this year Petty said he was close to a deal to remain with Ford.

Earlier this week the two Petty teams swapped crew chiefs. Mike Ford is now the crew chief for the No. 9 while Todd Parrott moved to the No. 43.

Sign Up Tireball Sports E-mail Newsletter

  • NASCAR News Delivered To Your Inbox!
  • Hottest Stories In NFL, MLB, NHL & More
  • Easy Access to Our Website

One e-mail sent every morning - join now!