2013 NASCAR at Iowa, Texas and Pocono race weekend schedules

pocono
This weekend the top NASCAR Series are headed to three different tracks. The Cup cars are headed to Pocono Raceway, for the Party in the Poconos 400, while the Nationwide cars are in Iowa for the Pioneer Hi-Bred 250. The Camping World Truck Series is in Texas for the WinStar World Casino 400k. Below you can find qualifying times, race start times, weather info, and this weekends race schedules.

SCHEDULE

Friday, June 7
ALL TIMES LISTED ARE EASTERN
12:00 – 1:30 pm Cup Series Practice (Pocono)
4:30 – 5:50 PM Nationwide Practice (Iowa)
3:40 pm Cup Series Qualifying (Pocono)
7:00 – 8:20 PM Nationwide Final Practice (Iowa)
9:oo pm – Camping World Truck Series Race – WinStar World Casino 400k on SPEED (Texas)

Saturday, June 8 ALL TIMES LISTED ARE EASTERN
10:00 – 10:50 am Cup Series Practice (Pocono)
11:40 am – 12:40 pm Cup Series Final Practice (Pocono)
1:00 pm ARCA Race (Pocono)
5:05 p.m Nationwide Qualifying (Iowa)
8:00 p.m Nationwide Series Race – Pioneer Hi-Bred 250 on ESPN (Iowa)

Sunday, June 9 ALL TIMES LISTED ARE EASTERN
12:00 pm Cup Driver Introductions
1:00 pm NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Race – Party in the Poconos 400 on TNT

The Camping World Truck Series race will be live on SPEED, Nationwide Series qualifying will be on SPEED, with the race broadcast on ESPN. Cup Series Qualifying will be live on SPEED Friday at 3:40 p.m EST. Saturday, Happy Hour will be broadcast on SPEED, live.

Sunday’s pre race coverage will begin at 12:00 p.m EST on TNT, with the race scheduled with a green flag start time of 1:18 p.m.

WEATHER:

Texas/Trucks: Folks in Texas should be able to enjoy the Truck Series race, with no chance of rain. The high for the day is 85 degrees, with the low at 65.

Iowa/Nationwide: The weather all weekend in Newton, IA at Iowa Speedway will be in the low 70’s, with a small percentage of rain on both Friday and Saturday. The chance of rain on race day is 30%.

Pocono/Cup Series: Friday shows a 90% chance of rain, but Sunday looks like it will be a great race day, with temperatures in the high 70’s and only a 10% chance of rain. If both practice and qualifying are rained out, the starting order will be determined by the current owner point standings. If just qualifying is rained out, the order will be determined by practice speeds.

TRACK INFO:

Texas: The race at Texas Motor Speedway is 250.5 miles, 167 laps.

Iowa: The race is 218.75 MILES, 250 laps at Iowa Speedway.

Pocono: The Cup race is 400 miles, 160 laps around the “Tricky Triangle.”

LAST YEAR:

Texas/Trucks: Johnny Sauter won both truck series races at Texas last season.

Iowa/Nationwide: Ricky Stenhouse Jr. won last seasons first race at Iowa, while Elliott Sadler won the second race.

Pocono/Cup: Joey Logano won last year’s June Pocono race, he started on the pole. He became the youngest winner at the track. Jeff Gordon won the second race, albeit rain shortened.

Sign Up Tireball Sports E-mail Newsletter

  • NASCAR News Delivered To Your Inbox!
  • Hottest Stories In NFL, MLB, NHL & More
  • Easy Access to Our Website

One e-mail sent every morning - join now!