The Bills will no longer play a game in Toronto. In March of this this year the Bills halted a six-year arrangement that saw them play a home game each season from 2008-2013 in Toronto’s Rogers Centre.
Now the Bills have fully ended the agreement meaning no future games for Toronto are scheduled.
“When we put the series on pause last year, the ultimate goal was to get to this point and it’s taken some time to come to a final conclusion,” Bills president Russ Brandon said during his weekly appearance Wednesday on WGR 550.
The loss of a home game in Buffalo and dwindling attendance had plagued the games.
“In hindsight, I know there’s a lot of noise about moving games up north, and I understand that completely,” Brandon said. “But when we look at what it has done for us regionally and what it has done for us back at Ralph Wilson Stadium, obviously southern Ontario has become a very large market for us as far as fans coming to our games at Ralph Wilson Stadium. That has been a positive.”
Of course some will see this as the first step to the Bills leaving Buffalo.
“We felt after the Atlanta game last year that it was time to move away from the series ultimately,” Brandon said. “I think from a football and from an organizational perspective, that is what we were working towards, and we’re very pleased that it’s come to a final conclusion.”