You probably have seen them on the shelves by now. Gatorade has released new bottles featuring NFL players JJ Watt, Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, Cam Newton and Robert Griffin III as part of its “League of Captains” campaign.
Bottles hit the shelves at the end of July and have already been spotted in grocery stores nationwide.
Gatorade noted the following about the five players:
• JJ Watt, MegaWatt – JJ is the quintessential example of what happens when you pair motivation with unparalleled work ethic. The product? The unrelenting defensive end known as MegaWatt.
• Cam Newton, The Blender – Cam takes components from the greatest quarterbacks and fuses them together. When he hits the field, defenses aren’t just up against him; they’re up against the several quarterbacks that make up Cam. They’re up against The Blender.
• Peyton Manning, The Sheriff – His preparation is like no other player in the league. He can visualize defenses and plays before they happen and can recall any play from the past, so when he steps on the field, he lays down the law on defenses.
• Eli Manning, Big Easy – He stays stay cool, calm and confident in any situation, including the most pressure-packed scenarios in a pro football game. No matter the score or the scenario, he always comes up big and makes it look easy.
• Robert Griffin III, TrIIIple Impact – One second he’s throwing a TD pass. The next second he’s dashing down the sideline for a 60-yard run. Well-rounded off the field and on it, he can beat you with his arm, his legs or his pure will to win.
This is just another reminder that the start of the NFL season is rapidly approaching. But in the meantime we all have plenty of time to fill our fridge with some of our favorite NFL players on some Gatorade.