The Baltimore Ravens reached out to Rolando McClain to give him a second shot an at NFL career. On Wednesday the Ravens GM Ozzie Newsome said that the linebacker told him of his intentions to retire.
“Rolando let me know that he plans to retire from the NFL,” Newsome said, via Yahoo Sports. “We have placed him on the Reserve/Retired list.”
McClain was not guaranteed a roster spot with the Ravens after signing a one-year deal worth $700,000 which included an up to $400,000 in playing-time incentives.
Previously McClain was the No. 8 overall pick of the Oakland Raiders in the 2010 draft. In 41 games in his three NFL seasons with the Raiders, McClain had 246 tackles, 6.5 sacks and recorded one interception.
So ends the troubled NFL career of McClain who dealt with issues on and off the field.