NASCAR at Richmond 2014: Weekend Schedule, Green Flag Start Time, Practice, Qualifying, TV info and Weather info


NASCAR heads to Richmond International Raceway this weekend for racing action at the 0.75 d-shaped oval in Richmond, VA. The Nationwide Series will run on Friday evening for the Virginia529 College Savings 250, while the Sprint Cup Series will take the track on Saturday evening for the Federated Auto Parts 400.

This is the last regular season race before the Sprint Cup series Chase begins! Will a new driver win Saturday night to clinch their spot in NASCAR’s post season Championship races?

SCHEDULE: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series remaining races

The Camping World Truck Series is off this weekend.

Inside this post you will find all the practice schedules, qualifying schedules and start times for this weekends Richmond NASCAR races. You will also find the Richmond TV schedule, and weather at Richmond International Raceway this weekend if you will be watching the race in person.

Weekend Schedule

Friday, September 5

— 9 a.m.-12:00 p.m: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series practice
— 1:00 p.m-2:20 p.m.: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series final practice TV: ESPN2 
— 3:40 p.m.: NASCAR Nationwide Series Coors Light Pole Qualifying TV:  ESPN2 Kyle Busch on pole, qualifying results
— 5:40 p.m.: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Coors Light Pole Qualifying TV:  ESPN2 
— 7:30 p.m.: NASCAR Nationwide Series Virginia529 College Savings 250 (250 laps, 187.5 miles) Green Flag: 7:46 p.m TV:  ESPN2 Winner:  Kyle Busch, full results

Saturday, September 6

— 7:30 p.m.: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Federated Auto Parts 400 (400 laps, 300 miles) Green Flag: 7:44 p.m TV: ABC Winner: Brad Keselowski, full results

Read Tireball Sports FANTASY NASCAR Picks

Previous Winners

Sprint Cup:  Fall 2013: Carl Edwards, 105.028mph, started 26th | Spring 2014: Joey Logano, 93.369mph, started 17th

Nationwide: Fall 2013: Brad Keselowski, 124.327, started 4th | Spring 2014: Kevin Harvick, 122.061, started 9th.


Weather at Richmond (Richmond, VA)

Friday: High 90’s with a 40% chance of rain this evening.
Saturday: Mid 90’s during the afternoon with a 20% chance of rain. In the evening, (its a night race!) the low will be around  70, but the bad news is there’s a  80% chance of thunderstorms in the area.

Recent News