Greg Biffle releases statement about 3M leaving RFR

IMG_0983.JPG
Greg Biffle will return to Roush Fenway Racing in 2015 without longtime sponsor 3M.

3M had been appearing on the No. 16 Ford driven by Biffle since 2005 but will shift their NASCAR sponsorship to Jeff Gordon’s No. 24 next season.

Biffle released a statement on Facebook on Thursday thanking the company.

“I have to say that 3M has been a great partner and I’ve created so many friendships over there. I’ve said for a long time that they’re like family, they’re not like a sponsor. It’s been a great 10 years we’ve had together. Leadership changes. Things change. This sport is a business and we all know that in business there are decisions to make, but we will miss them.”

Biffle also promised upcoming news about new sponsors for his car next season.

“We’ve got a few partners moving forward that it’s gonna be a great thing for the 16 car. I appreciate the support from all the fans of the 16 team and all of the 3M employees. They’ve been behind this program forever and, like I said, I’ve made a lot of friendships and those will remain without a doubt moving forward.”

Biffle and the rest of the Sprint Cup Series will be at the 2-mile Michigan International Speedway this weekend for the Pure Michigan 400. In 23 starts Biffle has four wins and 14 top ten finishes at MIS.

Sign Up Tireball Sports E-mail Newsletter

  • NASCAR News Delivered To Your Inbox!
  • Hottest Stories In NFL, MLB, NHL & More
  • Easy Access to Our Website

One e-mail sent every morning - join now!