The global pandemic, Coronavirus, has led to the postponing or the cancellation of many-many sports events. According to the reports, we are listing below some cancelled/postponed sporting events of 2020.
- Scheduled between 4th to 7th June, CONCACAF Nations League Finals that were supposed to be conducted in Texas’s Houston and Dallas have been suspended. Countries like the United States, Costa Rica, Mexico, and Honduras were contesting in it.
- The Russian League, too, stands suspended until April 10th. Sarah, who is a football fanatic and offers online assignment help Australia, says though she was looking forward to the Russian League, she is glad it has been suspended for the safety of the people.
- African Nations Championship 2020 soccer tournament that was planned for April has been postponed until further notice.
- Copa America Euro 2020 tournament is cancelled for the year and will happen in 2021.
- England, too, has suspended all elite soccer until April 30.
- Both Europa League and Champions League matches have been suspended by UEFA till an infinite period.
- Likely to be held in June, the national games are also postponed.
- Qualifying matches of the Asian World Cup have been postponed by Asian Football Confederation and FIFA.
- South Korean, Japanese, and Chinese professional leagues stand postponed.
- Knockout rounds of the Asian Champions League have been postponed to September.
- The exhibition match to be held on the 30th of March between Colombia and Mexico has been cancelled.
- Africa Cup of Nations had a qualifier match between March 25th to 31st, which is postponed to a later date in 2021.
- England’s National League’s three divisions stand suspended.
- Robin, who offers online assignment help, says that he was looking forward to the London Marathon that was planned for April. Though he feels sad but says that he would come back in October to watch the Marathon. Hopefully, by then, all of this will be over.
- Scheduled for the 4th of April, the Boston Marathon has been postponed to the 14th of September.
- Marathons of Paris, Amsterdam, and Barcelona are also postponed.
- Tokyo Marathon that sees 300,000 participants every year was cut down to only 200 elite runners. The event took place on March 1.
Tokyo 2020 Olympics have been postponed. The event is now likely to happen between 23rd July to 8th August 2021.
World Athletics Indoor Championships that was likely to have held in March has been postponed to 2021.
There will be no Formula One races till the mid of June at least.
- Mathew, who works with a platform that offers online write my essay services, says that he attended the Indianapolis 500 racing event on the Memorial Day weekend last year. However, it surprised him when the announcement came that this year, for the first time since 1946, it wouldn’t happen at the same time.
- Scheduled for May 15 to 17th, the French MotoGPhas been postponed.
- Europe’s clay-court tournaments have been cancelled.
- Men’s and women’s professional tennis tour stands suspended until the 7th of June.
- US Women’s Open will now be held at the end of the Spring.
- Women’s Open has been postponed to December by USGA.
- French Open will now take place between September-October.
- Fed Cup tennis finals are now postponed.
- Scheduled to be held between 14th April to 19th April, the revamped 12-team women’s competition is called off until further notice.
- Raun, who offers the best online python course, says that he is deeply disappointed by the cancellation of the BNP Paribas Open.
- Scheduled to happen between the 13th of April to the 19th of April, the Xi’an Open is now cancelled. Kunming Open is also cancelled. Both of these were to be conducted in China.
- Wimbledon Grass Court Grand Slam that was likely to be held on the 1st of April has been cancelled. It will now happen between 28 June 2021 to 11 July 2021.
- To be held between Kubrat Pulev and Briton Anthony Joshua on June 20th, the world boxing heavyweight title fight is now postponed. It will now happen at the end of the year in London’s Tottenham Hotspur stadium.
- The boxing qualifiers of the Tokyo Olympic for Oceania and Asia have been shifted from China to Jordan.
- The Olympic Games’ world qualifying boxing tournaments of the America and Europe have been suspended.
- National Basketball Association has postponed the season until further notice.
- WNBA draft will now be a virtual event. The draft will take place on the 17th of April, but there’ll be no players, media, or fans.
- The regular season of 2020 has been postponed by WNBA.
To tell you the truth, these are only a few of the many sporting events that have been suspended, cancelled, or postponed because of COVID-19. But in this time of global emergency, it is the safety of the people that is everyone’s top concern.