Parker Kligerman out at Keselowski Racing

Brad Keselowski Racing spokesman Tony Caponigro confirmed today that Parker Kligerman would no longer drive the No. 29 truck. Kligerman is hopeful of getting a ride in time for the Camping World Truck Series (CWTS) race at Michigan on August 18.

“Parker will not be in the No. 29 Truck at Michigan. What happens beyond that is still being discussing internally, but my understanding is that he will probably be looking for a new ride going forward” said Caponigro.

Kligerman finished seventh in Saturday’s Pocono Mountains 125 at Pocono Raceway and is currently sixth in truck series points, 35 behind leader Timothy Peters.

Penske Racing recently opted to place Ryan Blaney in the No. 22 car for limited races on the NASCAR Nationwide Series schedule. Kligerman and Keselowski have both been disappointed with the results of the No. 29 truck.

“Brad and I say down after the race Saturday and talked,” said Kligerman. “There were no hard feelings, I think we both knew (a split) was imminent. At end of day, we just weren’t winning races. We were falling back on speed and the resources we needed to contend for the championship were simply not there. Brad couldn’t commit to getting those resources and Penske is not in a position to help us.”

Kligerman denied that he had been talking to other teams about getting rides from them.

“It has nothing to do with that,” he insisted. “I never really made a concerted effort to talk to other teams. One team approached me recently to ask about my availability, but that’s about it.”

In eleven truck series starts, Kligerman has finished inside the top five twice and has seven top ten finishes. Kligerman also finished inside the top ten in two of his three NNS starts.

Keselowski will drive the No. 29 trick when the CWTS visits Michigan.

Photo Source: Jeff Zelevansky/Getty Images North America